Who is Eligible?
SSSP typically recruits new students in the beginning of the fall or on a case by case basis.
In order to be considered for TRIO SSSP, a student must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Must Meet All of the Following Requirements
- Be a United States (US) Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Enrolled at UTEP (9- 12 credit hours)
- Be a first-generation college student (neither biological parent has a bachelor's degree or higher).
- Meet income guidelines set by the U.S Department of Education (see the chart below)
- Have applied for financial aid
Must Meet At least One (1) of the Following Requirements)
- Demonstrate Academic need (student placement into one or more developmental math, reading or English courses the first semester of enrollment).
- Be registered with the Center for Accommodations and student support (CASS)
Size of Family Unit
Taxable Income Levels
(Net Gross Income)
| 1 || $17,820 |
| 3 || $30,240 |
| 5 || $42,660 |
| 7 || $55,095 |
Visit us at 113 Union West
Call us at 915-747-5349
E-Mail us at: email@example.com