The University Career Center at The University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP) invites you to participate in the 2013 Graduate & Professional Schools Fair.
The fair is intended to expose UTEP students to the vast educational opportunities that await them after graduation. This is a time for many of our graduates to determine whether or not a graduate or professional program best meets their future goals. Please note the following facts about the University:
· Enrollment at UTEP has reached 22,740 for fall 2012 – and that number continues to increase each year.
· UTEP offers 70 bachelor’s degrees, 75 master’s-level degrees and programs, and 19 doctoral degrees, with others in development.
· With more than $76 million in annual research spending, UTEP is dedicated to becoming the first national research university serving a 21st century student demographic. The University is actively working towards becoming a Tier One, or national research university.
· UTEP is comprised of eight academic colleges and schools: Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts, Science, the School of Nursing and the Graduate School.
· UTEP is the only doctoral research intensive university in the United States with a student body that is predominantly Mexican-American (over 75% of the student population is Hispanic).
· UTEP was recognized by Washington Monthly magazine as #12 in the nation for excellence in social mobility, research and service. More specifically, UTEP ranked #1 among all U.S. universities in the Social Mobility category for helping our students achieve their dreams and professional aspirations.
We respectfully invite you to visit with our students and discuss your programs, research opportunities, admission requirements, and financial assistance. You will discover that we have many interested students who can contribute significantly to your academic programs.
To participate in the fair, complete the online registration steps outlined below. The registration fee of $200 includes one 1½’ x 8’ table, two chairs, continental breakfast, and lunch for one representative. You may buy additional meal tickets for $20.00 each. NOTE: A dedicated shuttle has been added this year, to improve transit from parking.
The deadline for registration is Friday, September 20, 2013. Please note, space is limited and booth placement will be done on a first-come first-served basis, according to when you register, so please act soon. If you have any questions, contact us at your earliest convenience.
Nick Zweig, Internship Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org (915) 747 - 8960
Areli Guajardo, Graduate Assistant – email@example.com (915) 747 - 6507
· Go to our website: www.utep.edu/careers
· Hover over the Calendar tab, and click on Career Fairs
· Under the listing for “Graduate & Professional Schools Fair”, click the “Registration Now Open” link
· Read the instructions, then click on “Employer Login” at the bottom of the webpage
· You will be directed to Job Mine; please log in, if you don’t have an account create your account by clicking “Click Here to Register”
· Once you logged in, click on Career Events Tab and click ‘Search’. Type “Graduate & Professional Schools Information Fair 2013 or event ID: 3557 click register.
· Complete your Fair Registration and SAVE.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER
· Your confirmation packet will be emailed to the address you noted on the registration.
· Hotel and car rental information will be included in your confirmation packet. The parking map and parking permit will be emailed to you as we get closer to the event date.
· If paying by credit card, you will be provided with a link in your invoice where you can pay via PayPal.
· If paying by check, please make checks payable to UTEP Career Center (FIN# 746-000-813).
· Cancellations before midnight, September 20, 2013 will receive a refund minus an administrative fee of $50. No refunds will be processed after September 20, 2013.
· Invoice and receipts also will be coming to you via email.
· Contact us with any questions you may have at (915) 747-5640 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2013